Su is a bit finicky and set in her ways. Because she is where the buck stops, this is what we do and don’t do :
What we won’t do
- We don’t freeze cakes (some people say you can’t tell the difference, but Su can)
- We don’t make our cake pop dough gummy enough to be machine-rolled (because Su hates gummy cake pops), so yes, they are all hand-rolled
- Ditto with our cookie dough, they are made from scratch, hand rolled and cut
- We don’t make our cake pops last for ages, because we believe they are meant to be eaten fresh
What we do …
- We use free-range and only free-range eggs
- we use real vanilla flavouring (this costs us twice as much as imitation, but Su wants the real thing)
- We use real chocolate in our ganache. No compound or cooking chocolate, no siree. In the case of dark chocolate, ours is 70% cocoa.
- We use premium fondant in our cookies – because Su isn’t a fan of fondant, unless it’s well-made fondant
Because of the above, we can’t whip up products overnight – they are baked for you when you actually make the order. This sends us into a little frenzy sometimes, but like we said, Su can be a little set in her ways.